Obsessive Compulsive and Anxiety Disorders
- OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
- INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS
- GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER
- PANIC DISORDER AND PANIC ATTACKS
- HEALTH ANXIETY DISORDER
- AVOIDANCE AND PROCRASTINATION
Anxiety can make life feel overwhelming, and can take people very far from the things that are most important to them. You may be avoiding certain places, people or things. You may be experiencing frightening intrusive thoughts or feeling like you can no longer control your worry. You may become preoccupied with difficult past experiences or fears about your future. The things that you do to try to escape your anxiety could be costing you your time, your freedom, or your dignity.
MY APPROACHES TO WORKING WITH OCD AND ANXIETY:
There is no one size fits all approach to therapy. After a careful assessment we will combine forces - you will provide as much information as you can about the ways you experience anxiety, what has helped, and what has not helped, and I will provide my psychological knowledge and experience, and of course support!
If you have OCD I provide the current gold standard treatment:
- EXPOSURE AND RESPONSE PREVENTION (ERP or EXRP)
I draw from the following types of therapy in working with anxiety:
- COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT)
- ACCEPTANCE AND COMMITMENT THERAPY (ACT)
- DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY (DBT)